Yesterday, Cady asked if she could go to Livvy's house (Laci's friend). I said no and didn't think any more about it. I hopped in the showerand my kids started banging on the bathroom door. I'm really irritated, cuz they always know when I'm in the bathroom and they flock there and won't leave me alone. I speed up the shower process and get out just in time to hear Cullen say, "Livvy's mom just called and said that Cady walked over there." WHAT?????!@?!?!!?!? Cady is 3 years old!!!!! To get to Livvy's house, you have to walk down the street 4 houses, turn a corner and go 3 houses. 3 streets to cross!!!! I freaked out! I guess she knows what she wants and does it NOW.
So, I thought our talk helped, but obviously not because . . .
Today, she was outside playing with my 9 yr. old "watching" her. She was probably out there for 5 minutes when he ran inside asking if Cady was in the house. No. I looked outside. I looked inside. Cullen started heading to Livvy's house again while I went inside to call. Well, on the way to Livvy's house, he noticed some movement at a neighbors window. Cady had helped herself into a neighbors house ~~ nobody home ~~ LOCKED their door and is stuck inside!!! I tried to coach her to unlock the deadbolt, but she can't quite get it. I try to get her to go to the garage and open the garage door, but she can't see the garage door opener. We keep going back and forth between the two doors hoping that she'll be able to figure one of them out. I'm about ready to call the cops when I notice the sliding door in the kitchen. I send Cullen around back (he has to hop a fence and got clawed by their 2 dogs, but he made it). He coached Cady into unlocking the sliding door and Voila! She's rescued.
What am I gonna do with my wandering beauty?!?!?!?
I'm a little FREAKED out! Suggestions?
(that DON'T involve handcuffs or restraints of some sort)
So, I thought our talk helped, but obviously not because . . .
Today, she was outside playing with my 9 yr. old "watching" her. She was probably out there for 5 minutes when he ran inside asking if Cady was in the house. No. I looked outside. I looked inside. Cullen started heading to Livvy's house again while I went inside to call. Well, on the way to Livvy's house, he noticed some movement at a neighbors window. Cady had helped herself into a neighbors house ~~ nobody home ~~ LOCKED their door and is stuck inside!!! I tried to coach her to unlock the deadbolt, but she can't quite get it. I try to get her to go to the garage and open the garage door, but she can't see the garage door opener. We keep going back and forth between the two doors hoping that she'll be able to figure one of them out. I'm about ready to call the cops when I notice the sliding door in the kitchen. I send Cullen around back (he has to hop a fence and got clawed by their 2 dogs, but he made it). He coached Cady into unlocking the sliding door and Voila! She's rescued.
What am I gonna do with my wandering beauty?!?!?!?
I'm a little FREAKED out! Suggestions?
(that DON'T involve handcuffs or restraints of some sort)





7 comments:
OH MY H!!!. That is so scary. With us living on the really busy street I am constantly worried about that. Way to go Cullen, on taking one for the team.
I know that my cousin put her deadbolts at the top of the door so that her kids could not get out of the house. That may work. I can't wait to hear the suggestions of others.
I had to put high up dead bolts on my door for Luke when he was younger. Other than that, no suggestions. Makes for a pretty funny story though!
put locks at the top of your door and keep them locked. Thats what my mom did when she had a daycare in her house. My sister chelsea did the same thing when she was four and after my mom put the locks up she didnt have anymore problems.
Crazy girl! No fear I guess :) I never had that problem with Mado, but I have a feeling Tanner will be a wanderer and keep us on our toes. Good luck!
That is so scary - it just makes your heart stop! I'm glad she was okay!! Dallin did that a couple of times when he was 3 and I tried to explain to him that a car could run over him, but to no avail. So, I got graffic and explained what would happen to his body if he got ran over and that scared him enough that it worked! Good luck - maybe you need a tracker on her.
Jen that is so scary. I don't know what I would do beside chaining her up. The whole getting stuck inside the neighbors house was crazy. It's unbelievable what little kids get into.
Jen..Oh my gosh!! Is your yard fenced??? That is sooo freaky??
i think I would have beat her ;) I honestly don't have any ideas, when you figure it out let me know cause I will most likely need that advice in the future!!
Post a Comment