Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fastest Growing Baby Name . . .

Eleven years ago, I had never heard the name, Cullen. When we brought *baby boy* home from the hospital, July 20, 1999, we had to come up with a name . . . and fast. It actually took us a few days because we couldn't agree on a name. Give us a break, we didn't even know we were getting *baby boy* until about 3 hours before we brought him home, so we didn't have the normal preparation of pouring over baby name books that most people get.

Anyway, after a few days of deliberation, we both FINALLY agreed on a name . . . CULLEN. It is of Irish~Gaelic decent and means, Handsome.

Fast forward to the present:

ShareThe new statistics for baby names are in this year, and guess what the fastest-rising boy’s name is? “Cullen,” now the 485th most popular in the country.

Thanks to those dang vampires, Cullen is now becoming a popular name.

Just for the record . . . my son was NOT named for a vampire!!!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Whatever! You know you love Twilight so much! Too bad I'm team Jacob all the way!

Ms. Karlyn said...

We ran into the same thing with Piper! Because there is a Piper on the show "Charmed."

And, Cullen was on my short list for Teague! I wanted a Gaelic/Irish name. I still love it, but I don't like Twilight.

also, for the record, Piper was not named after a witch. And Teague means 'wise poet.'

Vicki said...

Who'd a guessed! Very interesting, actually some one asked me just the other day, "His name is Cullen" "yes" i said, you mean like Edward Cullen" i said no, "like Cullen BOTT!"