Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wasatch Back Relay

Last year at this time I don't think I had ever
heard of Wasatch Back.
It is a CrAZy relay race consisting of 12 team members that
run 3 legs each from Logan to Park City for a total of 188 miles.
I thought it would be a great way to get motivated to get into shape,
which it was, but there is nothing like this race to make you realize
just how out of shape you really are.
We put together 2 teams from my hospital, consisting of nurses, CNA's, a paramedic, and spouses/friends. Our team name(s) was STRIP TEASE, in reference to the cardiac strip that shows heart rhythms. Here is my van all decorated for the race.



Van 1 from our team started in Logan and
here we are at Liberty City Park getting ready to
meet up with them for our first legs.
Still smiling . . . we have absolutely no idea what is in store for us!
Here I am waiting for Lisa to exchange to me . . .
And she's off ...
I ran so fast, Josh couldn't even catch me in this picture! haha
I'm a dork!
Here I am passing Amanda, who is on the other team.
Here I am passing off to Josh for his first leg.
Eden, UT Run, Joshie, Run!


Here's cute 4~month~pregnant Trish
finishing her first leg into Snow Basin.
Strip Tease Buddies:
Amanda & Jen
Here is some of both teams at the
Snow Basin Exchange.
Here is our van members
at Snow Basin
~Jen, Josh, Kara, Trish, Sam, Kevin~
No pictures of our night-time runs ...
party cuz it was dark and partly cuz WE WERE TIRED!
My night time run consisted of a
"moderate" hill through Echo Lake area that was
NOT what I pictured as "moderate"!
I could barely walk up it!
Josh's was a 7 mile down hill into Henefer which he did great.
Here we are waiting to start our last legs.
Heber, UT
Still smiling ...
Here I go ...
Here is Josh finishing his last leg.
That's Heber down there ...
Our team (mostly Sam and Kevin) just climbed
up that (over 3000 feet in elevation)!!!
Here we are at The Canyons, Park City
meeting up with Trish, who was runner 12, so our team
could all run to the finish line together.
Here is some of Strip Tease 2
at the finish
~Jolene, Britney, Kecia, Katie, Justin, Courtney, Mary Ann, Amanda~
Strip Tease
at the finish!
~Josh, Steve, Lisa, Laura, Chris, Kevin
Jen, Kara, Lorey, Bobbi, Trish, and Sam~





This experience is like nothing I have ever experienced. What a Crazy, exhilarating, exhausting, fun, emotional, nerve-wracking experience that can not even be explained.

Would I do it again?

Yes! I'm signed up for all-girl race in Vegas for October.

Would I train harder?

Definitely!

Would Josh do it again?

Probably not!

3 comments:

The Teeples Times said...

WAy to go Jen!! YOu two are amazing! I am very impressed!

Emilie said...

You are my hero Jen! I hate running and think I will try...but then I don't. Looks like it was an amazing experience! Good job!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were all crazy, but now you have proved it!!!! You are all awesome to take on the challenge of such a tough race. Way to go South Davis Strippers!!!
Rachelle S.