I was hesitant to post this, but since this is essentially my journal, I decided it is one of those things that should go down in history. At the very least, it will help you realized that your life is pretty normal! We received a phone call from the school a couple weeks ago saying that Landon had hit another student in the face, and that by all accounts, it was totally unprovoked. Now, if you know Landon, you know this is TOTALLY uncharacteristic of him. Landon is my mello, caring, sweet, carefree kid. Well, something happened that day. The punishment? Suspension from school for one day!! HELLO!!! I figured there must be something else behind this mysterious punch. So when Landon got home, we had a "talk". All he could say when asked why he did it was, "I dunno." "Where you mad?" "no". "Did someone tell you to do it?" "no." "Was he teasing you?" "no". Uggghhh! At least have a reason! So, Landon hung out at home, in his room for the better part of 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Still really has nothing to say ... And not to make light of the matter, the research I am doing on Aspergers Syndrome says that these kids just do things sometimes, not understanding the social unacceptability. OK, but hitting someone?





No comments:
Post a Comment