We were rudely awakened this morning with a doorbell and a loud knock. I was like, "was that seriously the doorbell---if that is one of our annoying neighbor kids I think I might go postal." Anyway, it was the Woods Cross Police saying that they had just received 5-6 call/hang-ups from this number and they wanted to know if we were all okay. Well, as far as we knew everyone was still asleep. So Josh took them downstairs and sure enough, found Landon in his room awake (with the phone hidden at this point). I guess it's good he knows how to dial the number, but SERIOUSLY!!!!
Anyone else have good 911 stories?





8 comments:
Oh my word! That is so funny! Good job for teaching him 911 I guess!
Funny you should ask!
We were up at my mom's and the kidlets were downstairs playing with one of the neighbor boys. Suddenly they all came running upstairs and said they were going to the neighbors house......
A few minutes later an officer knocked on the door.....Of course we all jump to conclusions saying it was the neighbor boy, because my kids are perfect!!!:)
On the way home, I ask my kidlets if they were playing with the phone. Piper said yes! I ask if she dialed 911. She said yes! I was so shocked! However, she thought that the phone didn't work since it was an OLD ROTARY phone.
The reason they were in a hurry to leave: They really wanted to play at the neighbors house.
That is funny! I don't have any 911 funny stories, but do you remember YEARS ago, when we picked a random phone number out of the phone book and ordered pizza, carpet cleaning, and other services? I would be so mad at my kids if they ever did that! Of course all our pranking was in the days BEFORE CALLER ID!!
Yeah we had just got Kaden home from the hospital and since he was a preemie he was still on oxygen. Rylee had fallen and hit her head earlier that week, and had a wicked black eye. Rylee called 911 and hung up. We get a knock on our door and we talk to the policeman, we were holding a baby on oxygen and a little girl with a black eye. It was great!
We were at my moms a couple of weeks ago. The three big kids were downstairs playing and the adults were upstairs. The phone rang and Scott answered it. I could hear him saying "No I am fine" "Yes I can talk" then he hung up and told us. Then he and I had to go downstairs and find out who's kid had done it. Of course the two big kids had dared the littlest. Then about 10 minutes later here comes the Bountiful PD through the circle just to check. Oh the joys of parenthood.
Yep, Dallin called 911 a few years ago and was very rude to the operator (according to her), so WX police also made a visit to our house and had a nice talk with our son. Luckily I wasn't home and Scott handled it, of course maybe that's also why it happened - Scott was asleep at the time!
i have not hear this story yet. that is too funny. what a kid!
Caller ID had just come out and we got a call from an "unknown number". They said they where the police and had received a call from our house and wanted the address. I said yeah right and hung up. (Matt wasn't even two yet). The phone rang again and they said they were the police and they wanted our address. I said, "the caller ID says unknown." and I hung up again. Within about five minutes the police were at my house. I couldn't believe Matt had managed to call 911.
Post a Comment