Saturday, January 22, 2011

Izzy

Izzy is our near 13-year-old chocolate lab. She was my "first baby." She helped me heal after having a miscarriage. She is an amazing dog! No dog will ever compare. Well, today, I called home from work to check on how everyone was surviving. Josh said, "Izzy is dying." I first yelled, "and why didn't you tell me this earlier??" Then I started crying. My work day was almost done, so I hurried and finished up and drove home as quick as the law would allow. By the time I got home, she was doing better, but I was still convinced that it was the "end". I decided to get some pictures of the kids with her so we could always remember. At this point, the kids noticed I was crying and they all started crying. She didn't die ... Izzy rallied. But she is almost 13 and I'm not sure how much longer she'll hold out. Apparently she had an episode like this while we were on our cruise. I dread the day ... but for now ... WE LOVE YOU IZZY!




1 comment:

Kristy said...

I think the day we lose Izzy we will all die a little inside. She has been such a good dog. I always tell Ben if we could get a dog like Iz we would get a dog. The pictures of the kids make me cry...