Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flaming Gorge/Camping

Fourth of July Weekend, we headed up towards Flaming Gorge
with some friends so the guys could scope out the area for
hunting. This is the only picture I got at camp.
Kids having fun in the dirt . . .
{Madolyn, Cady, Tanner, Laci and Ethney}

On the last day there, it was rainy and blehhh, so I loaded the kids up and headed towards the reservoir.
First we checked out the lookouts points . . .


Then we decided to take a dam tour ...



At the end of the tour, they took us down to the bottom of the dam and we got to feed the fish. It was amazing to watch. Wish the picture could show the swarming fish. It was awesome!
And a fuzzy marmot that lives there too . . .

I was surprised at how well the kids did on the tour. I almost tried to talk them out of it, because it lasted an hour, and I figured the kids would be driving me batty, but they loved learning about the dam and REALLY LOVED feeding the fish.
I would definitely do it again.

No comments: